Festival Day 2018 – Time Travellers!
- Saturday 22nd September
- 11am to 5pm
- Recreation Ground, High Street, Cherry Hinton, Cambridge (find out how to get here)
- FREE admission and FREE activities.
Festival Day principal sponsor:
Thanks to the generosity of our sponsors, Festival day is FREE admission and the attractions are FREE for everyone to enjoy.
Festival Day 2018 has the theme of Time Travellers! Join us for a journey through time and space in the 100 seat planetarium!
The Festival has 4 main areas:
- The Community Performance Arena
- The Children’s Activities Marquee
- The Sports Area
- The Music Stage
Community Performance Arena
The Community Performance Arena will again be hosted by the wonderful JezO’s and will feature groups and activities from around the locality. Expect music, movement, martial arts and a little bit of magic! The 2018 Arena participants will be announced soon.
Children’s Activities Marquee
The Children’s marquee includes a collaboration with the Cambridge Science Festival. Full details of exhibits will be announced soon.
- Messy play for the under 5s will be provided by the Cherry Hinton Baptist Church.
- This year, due to popular demand, we will be offering 3 face painting artists including the wonderful Cheeky Moo Face Painting and Lizzy B’s Face Painting.
Have a go at the inflatable sweeper game, climbing wall and bungee trampolines. Exhibitors to be announced soon.
Want to learn to skate? Then join Skates and Ladders on the skate ramp from 1-5pm. Improve your skills, gain confidence and learn to skate safely. Boards and safety gear provided.
Hosted by Cambridge 105
We have five brilliant acts to treat your ears on Festival Day! Acts to be announced soon.
Relax and enjoy the music with food and drink from our refreshment area:
As always, we have a great selection of stalls. Come and find out more about our community groups and maybe be inspired to join a club. Visit the fundraising stalls to support some local good causes. Or just enjoy yourself browsing the craft stalls and the wide variety of different wares on offer from small traders.